Cider Aging Temperature

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeybutler

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm planning on making some cider this year. I have done this a couple of times before but always drank it within a couple of weeks. This time I want something a slightly higher quality that I could share with friends in the summer.

My main issue is that I live in an apartment with poor temperature control. If it's hot outside, my home is like an oven. This isn't such an issue for the initial fermentation as i'll just make sure we're not expecting a heatwave in the next week or two before I start, but if I want to keep my cider a few months before consumption the only viable option I have is access to a friends shed. Do I need to worry about the swings in temperature in the British spring time?

Over the next few months I could probably expect temperatures to range from 5C (41F) to 22C (71.6), maybe warmer in the shed. Is there a temperature at which I should remove the cider from the shed and put it in the fridge?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back