Cider brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cha

Reaction score
Hi I’m looking to make a cider brew anyone no of a good cider brew kit for about 40 pints

That’s a difficult one to answer, but like most things in life, it comes down to your own particular taste and budget.

Must agree with the cider works kit. Made 3 batches now, every one came out great. Worst of them but only just are the oak clippings ones. Just put one in a king keg for summer.

The mangrove jacks kits are very good. I've done plenty of them and never had a bad one yet.

Looking for a cider kit that is like the dark fruits one on sale in the shops. Any ideas would be great.

Will give it ago thanks. Tried adding tesco blackcurrant not quite the same.
Maybe the quality.

I have brewed the Mangrove Jacks Mixed Berry one a couple of times now and they have always come out really well. Not quite as fruity as some of the commercial ones, but still tasty! :D

What about adding some frozen mixed berries? It's something I've been thinking of trying myself.

Thanks for the ideas will try the Rubens first then next one will try the mangrove jack mixed fruit. All depends how I feel I suppose because yes sometimes the commercial ones are a bit sweet. Not sure about the frozen berries.

What about adding Ribina to a batch before sealing in a preasure barrel. Let's say 2 ml per pint times 40 pints. So at 2ml per pint x 40 =200 ml. Just wonder if it would work.

Try making a turbo cider, I use 1ltrTesco forest fruits and 4ltrs Apple Juice+yeast, makes 5ltrs nice fruit cider.

I made my first Cider kit a few weeks ago. It is a Festival Oaked Apple Cider kit. It has had very good reviews. But I have not yet had the pleasure. It is currently conditioning and I am going to leave it for a few more weeks. I’ll write a little review on it then. Looking forward to enjoying a few in warmer weather. It finished at 7.5% so I might not enjoy too many at the same time.😀

Back