cider brewing advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crannman

Reaction score
hi all brewing my first cider kit cider works apple I think all is ok air lock bubbling slowly but no frothy head like when brewing beer is this normal ? . lid on brew bucket swells up and air lock bubbles very little and often brewed it 3 days ago got a heat belt on too

Sounds pretty normal. May vary with temp. I don't normally get must head on ciders either kits or tcs.. If it is bubbling then it is fermenting. Sometmes I may get a dodgy seal on the lid but you only have to lift the lid and listen for the satisfying hiss!

checked it today with hydrometer and its ready for bottling after 5 days so all must have been well funny how you become concerned over your brews

Sounds quick. Don't rush it. With TCs I would give 2 weeks in the warm to carb up and another 2 weeks in the cold to improve. Then it will only get better with a few weeks in bottle then chill in fridge before popping.

opened a bottle last night very nice full of flavour plenty of life too well impressed first time primed bottle by diluting sugar in water then dividing into each bottle

Latest posts

Back