Cider help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVVO

Reaction score
I have done a few turbo ciders in the past and it has always ended very dry. OK for me but the wife finds it too dry. Did a cider kit for Christmas and it turned out too sweet for both of us. 19 lt in keg now.
Is it possible to now do a turbo cider and blend with kit to make something more drinkable.
Don’t like the idea of tipping the stuff I have.
Any comments appreciated.

Blending two ciders shouldn't be too difficult, as long as both ciders are fermented out or stabilised.

Personally, I've used Candrel to sweeten a dry cider for others. It's much easier than faffing about making two different ciders.

Hope this helps. :thumb:

Blending two ciders shouldn't be too difficult, as long as both ciders are fermented out or stabilised.

Personally, I've used Candrel to sweeten a dry cider for others. It's much easier than faffing about making two different ciders.

Hope this helps. :thumb:

Yes it does help. Unfortunately the cider I have is too sweet now so I am trying to reduce the sweetness. Will make a turbo cider which I know ends up dry and try blending. If I do take it too far I will try Candrel as suggested.
Thanks

Back