Cider with MJ36 trub.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what's happened was that I had transferred an ale which was fermenting on MJ36 Liberty Bell yeast and I had already cleaned and filled 2 corny kegs as well as another fermenter so was getting fed up.
I took a notion to clear space from the top of my fridge which 22l of AJ from Tescos and Lidl so I took the easy route and ditched 2/3 of the trub and dumped in the AJ.
Temp is only at 18° as of now but this morning I had forgotten about the cold and citric acid so brewed up a large cup, chilled and stirredin some citric acid and put that in the fermenter.
It had literally just started bubbling at about 30 second intervals when I had cracked the lid to pour the tea in but is now down too 18 secs roughly.
I've no idea how it's going to turn out but I still have a bottle of cherry and 2/3 bottle of strawberry lowicz syrup to add in a few days so shall see how it goes.
Random moments...

This has been bubbling away nicely in the garage between 14 and 16 degrees but shall leave it a few more days before sampling. Now at 16 to 18..
15903407293844264794910513791454.jpg

I've got a TC on the go...it took a while to get started and then I decided there was too much starsan in the airlock so I amused myself last night for a short while by forcing the liquid up the airlock and soaking it away in a bit if kitchen roll...until it started bubbling properly.
It's on the kitchen worktop and reading your post I checked the temperature...it's up to 23*c..it'll be ok I expect...

Latest posts

Back