Ciderworks -mixed berry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Covrich

Geek
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone heard of these kits?

had mine in FV for nearly 2 weeks now SG around 1046 FG seems to be about 1005.

the taste from the Hydrometer seems okay and cidery, not sure how it will turn out

The kit comes with the fruit concentrate, 1 KG sugar to ferment with, a sachet of flavouring (added at the end of fermentation) and a 150gr bag of dextrose to prime with.

Incase anyone was interested this came out really good.

I added the full sweetner as my other half prefers sweeter cider drinks

But it is clear red fruity and sweet and also tastes cidery 5.6% in the end and very good , very quaffable!

I will save some for the summer months

Cheers for that mate my Mrs loves the koppaberg one and we tried some in the Liverpool shop a few weeks ago was a bit dry for her. So after firing a few emails back and forth with Ian the manager he has recommended boiling and pulping up to a kilo of berries to give a more authentic koppaberg flavour and I am thinking substituting some if the water with apple juice. Will be starting this on the 22nd I'll let you guys know how it goes if anyone us interested :)

Daz

That sounds great

the kit does come with a sweetener which you can add some all or none to get your aquired sweetness as my Wife also likes sweet rather than dry. Because of this I just bunged the lot in and I find it pretty sweet myself but still enjoy it regardless.

It is a great kit on its own so to modify it with berries and juice will only make it really really good :thumb:.. and probably quite strong too :lol:

Got this from my local HB shop (Liverpool) and made a batch for Xmas.
Used PET bottles and the carbonation was fantastic, taste wise not far from Kopparberg if using the full sachet of sweetner.

Got this from my local HB shop (Liverpool) and made a batch for Xmas.
Used PET bottles and the carbonation was fantastic, taste wise not far from Kopparberg if using the full sachet of sweetner.

Maybe the batch they had made up had not used the full sachet mate, we all like our ciders and beers different, like I say gonna add about half a kill of fruit to mine she I start it off next week also going to start a turbo cider and use a kill of berries in that as an experiment see how it turns out.

Maybe the batch they had made up had not used the full sachet mate, we all like our ciders and beers different, like I say gonna add about half a kill of fruit to mine she I start it off next week also going to start a turbo cider and use a kill of berries in that as an experiment see how it turns out.

Could well be

As I say I used the full sachet as my wife doesn't like dry cider and I find it now a sweet drink.. the instructions do say add according to your taste..

Although your idea of replacing water with juice sounds great and having extra fruit..

Although would extra juice dry it up more??

Could well be

As I say I used the full sachet as my wife doesn't like dry cider and I find it now a sweet drink.. the instructions do say add according to your taste..

Although your idea of replacing water with juice sounds great and having extra fruit..

Although would extra juice dry it up more??

Possibly I am still new to this brewing lark, however would the additional fruit sweeten it back up ?

Did also consider the option of a store purchased cordial such as ribena strawberry for that added sweetness, am I correct in thinking that if I add this unspoiled then it will be unfermentable because of additives.

If so should I add it after taking final gravity reading or does it not matter as starting and final with it added at beginning will still give me the correct ABV ?

The kit comes with a flavouring sachet .. which you add after fermentation.. I guess it would be the same as with beer, you add additions after the primary stage has finished or nearly finished.

AS they say the trick with modding or changing a kits is to know what the base kit tastes like so you have a datum to work by. You have obviously tried one version of this but you don't know what level of sweetness they used..

Maybe you should go with what they originally said and just do the kit with some extra fruit and see what you get? I assume he meant to add the fruit at the initial stage.

That huge sachet of fruit extract smells delicious by the way

The kit comes with a flavouring sachet .. which you add after fermentation.. I guess it would be the same as with beer, you add additions after the primary stage has finished or nearly finished.

AS they say the trick with modding or changing a kits is to know what the base kit tastes like so you have a datum to work by. You have obviously tried one version of this but you don't know what level of sweetness they used..

Maybe you should go with what they originally said and just do the kit with some extra fruit and see what you get? I assume he meant to add the fruit at the initial stage.

That huge sachet of fruit extract smells delicious by the way

Yeah mate that is what I was gonna do add fruit at beginning of the kit as per what the guy said in the shop to bring the taste up to koppaburg.

Just really interested in trying out a few experiments with turbo cider, another idea I had was adding oak chips into a turbo cider as I am a big fan of henry westons wyld wood and would love to recreate that.

Back