Cleaning Glasses

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulpj26

Regular.
Reaction score
What's the best way to clean you beer glasses?

Fairy Liquid is what I'm using at the moment but I know this kills and head on the beer any suggestions?

:cheers: :thumb:

mine just go through the dishwasher or I have a glass brush and use washing up liquid and rinse

I just wash mine up as normal and then rinse a couple of times with really really hot water. Works for me :thumb:

Dish washer for me too - then rinse in cold water before serving beers.
Went to a turkish wedding the other day and as usual everyone was sharing all the plates pots and pans etc and the washing up was done in cold water - no fairey here and so now both me an SWIMBO have got the lurgy!!! Grrrr :sick:

I never use detergent on my beer glasses, just a good scrub in very hot water and a quick dry and polish. Washing up liquid/detergent is not good for head retention.

Put me down for 'hot water only' too. Saying that, I use different shapes and styles of glasses for different types of beer. I think screamlead does what I do too - serves his beer the 'continental' way, i.e. ALWAYS into a freshly rinsed (wet) glass, although I suspect the prime reason for this in bars is to rinse out any traces of sanitiser. It does help head manageability during the pouring though.

Latest posts

Back