Clearer Beer. Clarity Ferm and Others.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintingken

Reaction score
I use Clarity Ferm in all of my AG beers as my Dad is coeliac. It works well and the beer is great but in my effort to make my beer clearer, particularly my lagers, I wondered if I also used another fining as well, maybe Irish Moss would it maybe strip some taste or any other effect I don't want?

Any experience in this field would be appreciated.

As a side note, I have read all about the gluten free just being gluten reduced and can still cause harm to coeliacs but he seems fine and if it wasn't my beer he was drinking then he would be just drinking them from the shop with the same product added.athumb..

I have not looked this up on the tinterweb recently but I believe it reduces the Gluten to levels that are acceptable to Coeliacs produced products.
Should be a easy check by searching

Sorry, that wasn’t my question. It was wether using Clarity Ferm with Irish Moss would have a detrimental effect.

I would use the Irish moss in the boil which is where i think you are meaning and use Gelatin in the FV to clear the beer.
I am going to say IMO it will be ok to use the Moss in the boil and gelatin in the FV as a clearing/fining agent without stripping the flavour away, I use it and have not noticed any difference so as we say brewing is a experiment just give it a go

Latest posts

Back