Clearing beer and getting more head

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that. Can the gelatine be of any type? I have some standard powdered beef gelatine in the cupboard, will that work, or does it need to be a specific sort of gelatine?
I always use the gelatine meant for baking. I use 1/2tsp in 150ml water at 150F and stir gently into the fermenter chilled to 2.5C. I think that in order to help with chill haze you really need to get the wort cold before using gelatine.

Thanks for that. Can the gelatine be of any type? I have some standard powdered beef gelatine in the cupboard, will that work, or does it need to be a specific sort of gelatine?
I think any unflavoured gelatine will work. I bought some from a supermarket. Think it was Dr. Oetker

I always use the gelatine meant for baking. I use 1/2tsp in 150ml water at 150F and stir gently into the fermenter chilled to 2.5C. I think that in order to help with chill haze you really need to get the wort cold before using gelatine.
I think getting it cold definitely helps. My cooling is limited but can get it down to 8/9c for a few days and even at this temp it works well for me. I'm sure colder would be even better. Never tried it warm mind.

Childish i know but that title makes me smirk every time i read it - Clearing beer and getting more head :laugh8:
Ha, it made me giggle when I was writing it.

I did tell my girlfriend I was asking tips for more head on the internet, she seemed ok with it.

Latest posts

Back