Clearing wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Fox

Reaction score
used KwiK clear but wine still opaque. Can I add KwiK clear again?

Hi Chippy. 2 treatments of KwiK clear, now bottled. Still a bit cloudy but maybe settle a bit in the bottle? Tastes ok. This is the one with Wilko white grape concentrate, apple juice and orange & mango

upload_2019-9-28_12-26-49.jpeg

How long after the first dose of KwiK clear did you decide it hadn't worked i ask as you only added the second dose of KwiK clear yesterday and have already bottled you haven't given it enough time to work.

Did you degas and how?

Did you use pectolace?

How did you know the wine had finished fermenting?

How long after the first dose of KwiK clear did you decide it hadn't worked i ask as you only added the second dose of KwiK clear yesterday and have already bottled you haven't given it enough time to work.

Did you degas and how?

Did you use pectolace?

How did you know the wine had finished fermenting?

Hi CT

Yes think you are right gave it 2 days first time then another day. Seems to be clearing in bottle. Need more patience but previous brews cleared a lot quicker

Was degassed and treated with Pectolase and stabiliser

Some of them can take two or three days, red or white grape juice and apple will clear in 24 hours with 2ml of KK, the bottles will be fine once the sediment packs down just be gentle when you pour and you should get most of the wine with no sediment.

Nailed it CT. put it back in the tub and gave it another 1 ml clearer. Looks fine now and tastes ok but got about 4 1/2 ml KwiK Clear in it. Hope it doesn’t kill me

upload_2019-9-30_19-7-38.jpeg

Looking good, i have used 4 ml in the past and it didn't spoil the taste or do us any harm, i avoid any juice with puree in them as they seem to be the worst to clear.

Latest posts

Back