Closed Transfer From Bucket to Corny Keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps it would help to add an ‘O’ ring or thick rubber washer on the shoulder of the adaptor where it butts up against the body of the filter? I got a mixed set of different size ones from one of the online sites and they come in handy remarkably often
Thanks @The-Engineer-That-Brews , yeah, this was pretty much my thinking too. Not expecting to be brewing again for a couple of weeks or so, so that gives me a bit of time to have a play and a test.

Will check out eBay for a set of washers/o-rings 👍🍻

Last edited:
Finally got sorted, had been meaning to do this for a while and this thread finally prompted me action.
Simple setup, as beer goes into the CO2 purged keg, the displaced CO2 goes back into the FV.
FEDCA074-EE56-4BD4-A99E-453C499D70D7.jpeg

Finally got sorted, had been meaning to do this for a while and this thread finally prompted me action.
Simple setup, as beer goes into the CO2 purged keg, the displaced CO2 goes back into the FV.
View attachment 52679
Silly question alert! How do you know when you have 19L in the keg? I generally get a few bonus bottles on top of my keg fill. Or do you just aim for 19L in the FV?

Silly question alert! How do you know when you have 19L in the keg? I generally get a few bonus bottles on top of my keg fill. Or do you just aim for 19L in the FV?
I started off with 20 in the FV and there’s always 2 left at the end of transfer.
The best thing is you can wander off and leave it to fill, there’s no waiting to turn the tap off before air gets pulled in at the end.

I started off with 20 in the FV and there’s always 2 left at the end of transfer.
The best thing is you can wander off and leave it to fill, there’s no waiting to turn the tap off before air gets pulled in at the end.
Indeed - although if you wander off and it overfills, you do end up with beer halfway up the 'gas' line which is a slight pain :-)

That’s where this comes in. It’s a 6L collapsable water carrier from trespass attached to the business end of a normal airlock. It’s filled with CO2 from fermentation. There’s enough gas to cover cold crashing and a couple of bottles filled with a bottle wand to get the volume in FV down to 20L before the final transfer.
CA91F9EE-86A3-4FD3-B81C-FCE1A741F8F5.jpeg

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back