Closed Transfer Problem

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips for keeping the end of the dip tub under the surface of the beer in a fermzilla all rounder or similar when doing a transfer?

I've noticed a couple of times now the dip tube ends up sitting on the surface and I end up with a lot gas and froth going into the keg and wasting gas. As a result I have to slosh it about a bit to get it back under the surface again.

***update*** bit more research suggests slipping a couple of stainless nuts/washers over the dip tube

Last edited:
Does anyone have any tips for keeping the end of the dip tub under the surface of the beer in a fermzilla all rounder or similar when doing a transfer?

I've noticed a couple of times now the dip tube ends up sitting on the surface and I end up with a lot gas and froth going into the keg and wasting gas. As a result I have to slosh it about a bit to get it back under the surface again.

***update*** bit more research suggests slipping a couple of stainless nuts/washers over the dip tube
I have removed the metal tube and fitted a small kegland filter on mine and the extra weight seems to work!

Latest posts

Back