Cloudy beer after being in my garage

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony C

Reaction score
I brewed an Evil Dog double IPA.
Finished lovely and I added some finings, then racked off the sediment before bottling.
I left them in the house for about a fortnight, settled lovely in the bottle and was looking clear. So much so, I put some in the pantry and have been drinking them since.
Stuck the rest out in the garage to finish settling.
Two more weeks later and I go to get some to drink and all the bottles are cloudy again.

Any idea why?

I'm assuming your garage is much colder than the pantry this time of year? If so, it's possibly chill haze. Nothing to worry about but admittedly, it's frustrating to see your beer gone cloudy.

Cheers guys.
As someone who, back in the day, has drunk week old Boots kits straight from the fermenter, a bit of haze didn't put me off trying it and it taste fine.
Damned fine if anyone wants a recommendation..

Bring a bottle into the house to warm up for a few hours: if it's chill haze it will go as it warms up.

I get that with some of my beers stored in the garage too, won't be a problem much longer as the weather warms up.

Latest posts

Back