Cloudy Beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APINTA

Regular.
Reaction score
Can someone give me some advice here please I brewed a " John Ball Yorkshire bitter kit few weeks ago and then transferred it to a PB added 85g of sugar.That was on the 6 April the pressure was up to 8/9 PSI I checked the beer today and it is still cloudy is this right ? Should I add beer finnings or leave it bit longer?

I'd give it more time and if you have a fridge to put it in' chilling helps. Failing that......enjoy it cloudy. And if anyone makes coments tell them it's the wheat addition you added for extra flavour or something...

Yes just leave it time will clear or cold crashing before kegging/bottling also you can use finings. Most beers will clear within a month or less in some cases. Or if you are pouring from the bottle pour steady holding bottle and glass at 45degrees and slowly down the side of the glass it could be yeast that is causing the cloudiness when pouring from the bottle ( don't forget to leave the last 1/2 inch in the bottle with the sediment.

Or you could just leave it cloudy and change the name to something like "NE John Ball Yorkshire Bitter". Sorry APINTA I couldn't stop myself typing that :laugh8:

NAY off to Wool pack T have a good old famous Yorkshire local brew called LONDON PRIDE :fart::smile6::UKflag:

Latest posts

Back