CML English Tropical hop mix

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowdave

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have purchased 225g of CML tropical England with the aim of brewing a hoppy ipa or neipa.

CML description below:
ENGLISH TROPICAL - 2020 crop • 5-8% AA. A mix of 5 English grown hops including Jester, Olicana, Godiva, Mystic & Archer that will infuse a tropical aroma into a refreshing English IPA with a difference. 100g late addition/dry hop will do just nicely in a 23 litre brew, but adding another 100g will hit the mark.

Just wondering if anybody has brewed with this mix and has a recipe I could use as a starter?

I just put 100gs of this as dry hops in my basic pale ale recipie can't wait but only 6% AA

I've done this one twice, and it's come out nicely both times although my first version was better.

4.3 kg otter
1kg lager
300g caragold

Mashed at 65 for 2 hours or so, brought to boil.

15g Admiral @15
15g tropical England mix @15
15g tropical @10
25g tropical @5
25g tropical @1

Pitched cml Atlantic and plan to dry hop 130g tropical on day 1 for 14 days.

Og 1058.

I have used it plenty of times it is tropical/fruity but not as much as the intense American hops but still very good. You need to use 200g+ in total mainly whirlpool with a dry hop to get the best out of it

I did 5g per litre dry hopped loose in the fv for 2 weeks and it turned out amazing and very different from American hops. I'm very impressed. Just ordered another 225 gs0

Latest posts

Back