CML Hell Pilsner Yeast Fermentation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Town Brewer

Reaction score
I have a Coopers Crown Lager kit, which I intend to brew with Crossmyloof Hell yeast (double pitch as recommended). As I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks I'm planning on getting it going a week before I go and fermenting at 12 degrees for 3 weeks in total. The question is, will I still need to raise the temp after the 3 weeks to ensure I minimise the chances of there being diacetyl or should 3 weeks at 12 degrees be enough time for the yeast to work its magic without the need to raise temp? Cheers!

I have a Coopers Crown Lager kit, which I intend to brew with Crossmyloof Hell yeast (double pitch as recommended). As I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks I'm planning on getting it going a week before I go and fermenting at 12 degrees for 3 weeks in total. The question is, will I still need to raise the temp after the 3 weeks to ensure I minimise the chances of there being diacetyl or should 3 weeks at 12 degrees be enough time for the yeast to work its magic without the need to raise temp? Cheers!
CML Hell is a great yeast in my opinion. Yes, raise your lager gradually to 20C and leave it there for a couple of days before cold crashing and packaging.
Having said that, the tiniest bit if diacetyl in a Czech lager isn't necessary a bad thing. And your yeast will clean it up eventually.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back