CML Voss at it’s very best

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Cushy 1 pack of dry 10g, was off in 1 hour
I am possibly a little frugal in my use of yeast. All accounts suggest kveik likes to be pitched in small quantities into high OG wort. First time using Voss I used 3g and like you say it was off like a train and completely done in 2.5 days. My recent batch was going in 40 minutes but never really fermented as fast and still not done on 6 days. This was from a heaped tablespoon of slurry pitched at 30degC.

I think I need to start thinking about nutrients.

I am possibly a little frugal in my use of yeast. All accounts suggest kveik likes to be pitched in small quantities into high OG wort. First time using Voss I used 3g and like you say it was off like a train and completely done in 2.5 days. My recent batch was going in 40 minutes but never really fermented as fast and still not done on 6 days. This was from a heaped tablespoon of slurry pitched at 30degC.

I think I need to start thinking about nutrients.
Cushy i have nutrient but always forget to add it along with the protofloc as well, going off what you say i could use 10g for 2 21L brews, i see a plan hatching here

Latest posts

Back