Co2 bottle, advice please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Libigage

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi All, I've just picked this co2 bottle up for nothing, it still has plenty of gas in it. What would you do with it? Use it as is? Empty it and get it serviced and refilled? Perhaps I could hook it up to a 10 litre keg and fill with water and see what the soda water tastes like.
IMG_20211017_155835.jpg
IMG_20211017_155846.jpg

Are you certain that it's co2 in it? If yes, then use it. If unsure, I would drain it and swap it for a similar sized one with your gas merchant that definitely has food grade co2 in it.

Ask yourself the question, is it worth spoiling a batch of beer for the sake of £20?

Looks to me like it might be a cylinder of 'cellar gas' which is a mix of nitrogen and CO2.
I'm afraid that suppliers will (in my experience) only swap/refill their own cylinders, so you may have to do a little research to establish where it's from :-)

Looks to me like it might be a cylinder of 'cellar gas' which is a mix of nitrogen and CO2.
I'm afraid that suppliers will (in my experience) only swap/refill their own cylinders, so you may have to do a little research to establish where it's from :-)
Unless they label their cylinders, chances are they will not recognise all their customers. Bloke that sold me my first one hasn't been seen since. It been some kid that works for him sorting out my refills.

I'm not sure but I think the green band means its 70/30, if you want to use it you need a regulator, if you get a CO2 regulator in will not fit on a 70/30 or any mixed gas regulator so its any easy way to tell.

True Simon,
When I ran my bar I had a whole range of different gas mixtures in the cellar.
And woe betide if they ever got mixed up. 😁

I'm not sure but I think the green band means its 70/30, if you want to use it you need a regulator, if you get a CO2 regulator in will not fit on a 70/30 or any mixed gas regulator so its any easy way to tell.
I tried my kegland c02 regulator and it fitted fine, so does this mean it is a c02 bottle?

Latest posts

Back