Co2 bottle ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyde05

Reaction score
Hi guys so I’ve just used up my first co2 bottle 6.35kg it’s lasted me 7 months with a fair bit of use mainly at weekends. I just wanted to know if you think this is about average usage ? How long does yours last ? I seem to use a lot when cleaning the kegs and pipes on kegagorater
Thanks

Hi guys so I’ve just used up my first co2 bottle 6.35kg it’s lasted me 7 months with a fair bit of use mainly at weekends. I just wanted to know if you think this is about average usage ? How long does yours last ? I seem to use a lot when cleaning the kegs and pipes on kegagorater
Thanks
Mine is still going strong 15 months in. I guess I use it less. Not sure I use any to clean a keg though.

What are you worried about? If it was leaking it would have emptied very quickly

My 6.35Kg bottle lasts 5 months.

I use it to pressurise 20 kegs, flush cleaning fluid and rinse water through pipes, and to force carbonate bottled beer when I want to carbonate at short notice - which I’m doing this very moment as it happens.

Hi guys thanks for your reply’s just wanted to see what other people’s usage was but mine seems to be in the middle of both of yours .

I also use it to flush cleaning fluid and water through the pipes so am pleased with 7 months use .
I’ve just paid 33 pound for a refill that’s with vat and delivery out of interest is that about what you pay or more or less ?
thanks

£16.50 plus £5 delivery. My cylinder is about to run out - it's lasted me roughly a year.

Hi guys thanks for your reply’s just wanted to see what other people’s usage was but mine seems to be in the middle of both of yours .

I also use it to flush cleaning fluid and water through the pipes so am pleased with 7 months use .
I’ve just paid 33 pound for a refill that’s with vat and delivery out of interest is that about what you pay or more or less ?
thanks
I do use mine to draw starsan from the keg and through the lines. Doubt it uses that much gas as I don't turn over many kegs. I think mine won't have long left, I use it with fermentation and to close transfer. Think I will pick up a second one soon. I paid £24

Mine last over a year but have lasted longer this time around as I had about a year off brewing. Generally I’ll have a few beers over a weekend, plus whenever I finish a keg, I clean it and then hook it up to push through line cleaner although I don’t think that uses much gas. I’m now using a second one in my garage to carbonate, the first is attached to the keezer in the house. I get hobbyweld ones from my local gas shop which are £30 each time.

thanks

I pay £24 (free delivery) but usually just collect from the guy, he lives about 5 miles up the road.

15 quid delivered 20 pound deposit refundable
And it last me around 4 months

Anyone know how many bar a cylinder would normally be filled to?

I've just got a new cylinder and want to make sure I've not been short changed.

Thanks. Mine's around 50bar. Didn't even come a third of the way up my welding regulator, hence the question.

Latest posts

Back