CO2 cylinders.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bombers hoppy ending

Reaction score
Just wondered if there was anyone in the Essex/ Benfleet area, that has come across the cheapest supplier for CO2. If so how much.
just looking ahead if the current soda stream option ends up being expensive.

Senator Welding, near Thurrock, they’re an Adams Gas supplier. It’s around £55 deposit and 25 or so for a 6kg refill.
He might not be taking on new customers as they‘re short of gas and cylinders, I could only get a 3kg one as I was an existing customer.
He‘s a nice bloke, does homebrews in a Pinter, had a good chat with him last week when I was there.

The price I paid last time (a year ago) was £25 for the gas and £35 deposit on the cylinder - that's for a full size 6kg pub-type cylinder, and it's so far lasted me 18months without any signs of running out.

I've generally found the airliquide agents are well priced - you can find your closest branch here: Branch Locators
From a quick look I couldn't see any of the closest ones to you advertise CO2, but they may be able to get it if you talk to them?

I use this lot: compton gas & garden centre ltd: Home - who are in Luton, but advertise free delivery so it may be worth talking to them. Edwards Holmes in St Albans are similar...

I may have managed to get an MT BOC sure gas cylinder. Do I remember someone saying that thameside services or another fire systems company in the Essex area that are happy to refill?

Hey guys. I am looking for help from @Redwulf in particular, or anyone else that can help please.

Redwulf - am I right in thinking the gas guy in Doncaster has permanently closed?

I am wanting to take my gas bottle somewhere tonight to get it filled. Looks like my guy has possibly shut for good. Does anyone know anywhere reasonably near me (an hour's drive or so) where I can get my gas bottled filled? It's a 6.35kg rent free one.

I really have no idea what I'm doing concerning this particular task - don't even know which sort of places to ask!

Hey guys. I am looking for help from @Redwulf in particular, or anyone else that can help please.

Redwulf - am I right in thinking the gas guy in Doncaster has permanently closed?

I am wanting to take my gas bottle somewhere tonight to get it filled. Looks like my guy has possibly shut for good. Does anyone know anywhere reasonably near me (an hour's drive or so) where I can get my gas bottled filled? It's a 6.35kg rent free one.

I really have no idea what I'm doing concerning this particular task - don't even know which sort of places to ask!
Hi Tess i did a quick google and found this, don't know if it's what you need Co2 Gas for Doncaster Barnsley Rotherham Sheffield, Leeds, Hull, York. Wakefield, Scunthorpe, Lincoln (yorkshire-co2gas.co.uk)

You could try the hobby brew gas website Tess, it shows three suppliers within 15 mile of Donny. Hope this helps

Sorry to drag an old thread up but did you find anywhere @Tess Tickle ? This chap was my supplier, gutted if he's closed as he was a lovely bloke.

The guy in Doncaster unfortunately passed away.

I found a company nearby that @Redwulf recommended and very reasonably priced.

Hope it’s ok to share onwards. It was central cylinder testing, near selby-ish.

The guy in Doncaster unfortunately passed away.
I found a company nearby that @Redwulf recommended and very reasonably priced.
Hope it’s ok to share onwards. It was central cylinder testing, near selby-ish.
Yeah, I was a bit gutted when I found out Terry had passed away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back