CO2 Gas and cylinder shortage

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bertie Doe

Reaction score
Following on from Simon 12s thread on Keg shortages, it seems that CO2 supplies have also dried up. Both my local supplier and BOC in Plymouth confirm the new, sudden demand from the restaurant and pub market, means they can only supply existing customers with gas and cylinders.

Doubly frustrating as I'd ordered a Fermzilla All-rounder and it's due in the country any day now. For those whose bottle is getting a bit low, now's the time to contact your supplier.

I exchanged mine yesterday, was offered a delivery on Thursday, but as I was completely out, I decided to drop in to their depot. No apparent shortage there, but it was a 3.15kg cylinder, which seem to be exclusively for domestic use.

I exchanged mine yesterday, was offered a delivery on Thursday, but as I was completely out, I decided to drop in to their depot. No apparent shortage there, but it was a 3.15kg cylinder, which seem to be exclusively for domestic use.
Thx for that, could you give a link to your supplier. They might have a tie in with Hermies or similar carrier.

I just rang my supplier, they are not taking on new customers but if you have a bottle no problem, it's the bottles that are in short supply
I've just got back from the Adamsgas stockist with a 6.35 Kg full cylinder. He's got plenty in stock. I'd have preferred the smaller 3.15 kg mentioned by Mmm beer earlier but he said "these are the most popular, out of stock at the moment and I've got a bit of a waiting list." It's a 10 mile drive for me to Saltash, so the larger bottle will mean fewer trips.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for gas suppliers in Dorset ?
Couple of Adams Gas suppliers in Dorset :-
1) Express Hire, The Barn, Slepe Farm, Poole, 01202 673403
2) Express Gases, Bournemouth Intl Airport, Unmanned site so ring first 01202 673403
3) There's another at Chard, 01460 61111

I just bought six second hand 2KG CO2 fire extinguishers for 30 quid...... should keep my little shed based industry going for a few months at least.
I was a little hesitant after reading about people fupping up gauges by freezing them with liquid CO2 straight from the dip tube, but decided to try anyway. I found from talking to a local aquarium fanatic next door that as long as the regulator is fully wound out when I open the bottle, and I gently squeeze the handle, I should have no problem at all, tried it..... he's right athumb..

Latest posts

Back