CO2 in Southampton area

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I've tried searching for CO2 suppliers in my area since I got my first keg last September.
Did not have much joy - lots of no replies to my web-form enquiries or emails.
I don't really want to carry on with SodaStream having had a couple of mishaps!
I just got a quote today from the 'Socal Team' at hantsanddorsetgas.co.uk offering a
6.35 kg cylinder for £60 for the cylinder and £35 for the gas.

1. Does that sound a reasonable ball park ? It seems quite a bit higher than what I have seen in CO2-related threads here before.

2. If I go ahead and get a full cylinder from these folks am I then tied to getting refills from them in the future or can I get a cylinder refilled from another supplier if I were to find one?

Hey, sounds a good price for the cylinder - I paid £100 here in Norfolk - gas is OK is a little high though others pay up to £45 a fill currently - so at least less than that. When I got my canister is was £10 a fill, then £12 and I believe now £16 but not needed any for a bit.

Depends on the supplier. Many will fill anything, so you should be OK - but some try to tie you in.

Try searching 'cellar gas' as sometimes helps, but a lot of suppliers are not taking new clients and prefer their bigger clients as I believe the shortage is still hitting them, though not as bad as it was.

If you are friendly with a landlord it is worth asking them as might be able to help out.

Hi,

I've tried searching for CO2 suppliers in my area since I got my first keg last September.
Did not have much joy - lots of no replies to my web-form enquiries or emails.
I don't really want to carry on with SodaStream having had a couple of mishaps!
I just got a quote today from the 'Socal Team' at hantsanddorsetgas.co.uk offering a
6.35 kg cylinder for £60 for the cylinder and £35 for the gas.

1. Does that sound a reasonable ball park ? It seems quite a bit higher than what I have seen in CO2-related threads here before.

2. If I go ahead and get a full cylinder from these folks am I then tied to getting refills from them in the future or can I get a cylinder refilled from another supplier if I were to find one?

Ive been using Hants and dorest gas to get my propane from for my burners and found the guy who runs it to be very helpful im sure if you give him a ring he will be able to give you a bit more info about point 2

And infact to add to it. They are normally 9 out of ten times next day delivery. Awesome company

Latest posts

Back