CO2 prices in your areas?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just paid 30 quid for a refill at Russells of Larbert.

All the more rage inducing considering I didnt just run out naturally, but pished all that gassy goodness into the atmosphere via a yet to be determined(have my suspicions) leak.

I use Hobbyweld and got a refill last week for the usual price of Ā£35. They are one of the most expensive but also just about the only place with a depot in Dundee.

My last cylinder lasted 14 months and I use it to transfer , force carb, dispense and to push sanitiser around from keg/fermenter to keg/fermenter so I canā€™t really complain too much.

The price of co2 across the board is nothing to even worry about Ā£15>35 per fill, is a steal.

Unleaded petrol Ā£1.50 or derv Ā£1.55 a ltr,,,,,now we are talking legal theft aheadbutt

Ā£1 increase from my supplier in Reading, now Ā£17.50 per 6.35kg refill.
Hey - I am new to Reading and just bought a kegging setup. I am now looking for gas and was wondering if you would let me know where you purchased yours please?

Haven't bought any gas since the shortages happened, last refill was just before it all kicked off (lucky!).

I use a local place that does their own rent free cylinders, Ā£24 for 5kg, perhaps more expensive than some places but it is convenient. Will have to wait until my next refill to see if their prices have gone up.

I can't find the original co2 shortage thread. But my Adams gas supplier in Aldershot just sold me a second cylinder. I'm not sure because of my convincing skills, or they can sell them, or just because I'm an existing customer. The 2 refills(6.3kg) and the cylinder were Ā£112. I even had a choice between the long, or the chubby ones.

Yeah, Adam's gas was Ā£31 inc VAT for me too. I also paid Ā£12 delivery to save a 30 minute drive each way.

It's certainly starting to shoot up in price now lads, what with grain as well its going to be a elitist hobby if it carries on :laugh8:

Just for the compare/contrast, here in the Denver metro area, you can walk into a local hydroponics supply house and get a 20 lb (9 kg) swap for $6.99 (5.32 pounds).

Place I get mine from in the Wirral is Ā£26.40 with no rent and no deposit on the cylinder then you just return the cylinder whenever its empty. Not a bad rise seeing as CO2 was Ā£200 a tonne and its now Ā£1200 a tonne. Thats a 6.35kg refill (10 litres) so it was Ā£1.25 in raw material cost and its now Ā£7.50. A 6x increase in raw material cost and less than double the end product price.

Place I get mine from in the Wirral is Ā£26.40 with no rent and no deposit on the cylinder then you just return the cylinder whenever its empty. Not a bad rise seeing as CO2 was Ā£200 a tonne and its now Ā£1200 a tonne. Thats a 6.35kg refill (10 litres) so it was Ā£1.25 in raw material cost and its now Ā£7.50. A 6x increase in raw material cost and less than double the end product price.
If you think that's good value, that's what's causing inflation then. All else being equal (granted it's not with wages, freight etc rising too), in your example the price should only have gone up Ā£6.
I feel like CO2 is priced to put off small consumers in these times, but it's still cheap enough as a bottle will last for ages or until you get a leak!

If you think that's good value, that's what's causing inflation then. All else being equal (granted it's not with wages, freight etc rising too), in your example the price should only have gone up Ā£6.
I feel like CO2 is priced to put off small consumers in these times, but it's still cheap enough as a bottle will last for ages or until you get a leak!
Thats the wholesale price of just the CO2. There is also shipping, packaging, storage, analysis and then the increase in operating costs for businesses so they need a larger markup too.

Hi, I would like to ask if anyone knows where to buy a CO2 in Edinburgh area? Not easy here, except if you want to travel at least 35 miles and not to be sure to get one.

Hi, I would like to ask if anyone knows where to buy a CO2 in Edinburgh area? Not easy here, except if you want to travel at least 35 miles and not to be sure to get one.

There are a few hobbyweld suppliers around edinburgh. They arent the cheapest but since a cylinder lasts about a year I dont worry about paying an extra Ā£10ish for the convenience of having a supplier about 10 mins from me.

There are a few hobbyweld suppliers around edinburgh. They arent the cheapest but since a cylinder lasts about a year I dont worry about paying an extra Ā£10ish for the convenience of having a supplier about 10 mins from me.
Yeah, there is one 5 minutes from me, but constantly say no for my enquiries šŸ„“

Latest posts

Back