CO2 regulator bother

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My CO2 regulator is currently sitting on the draining board dripping beer (don't ask). Is there any chance it'll be ok or should I just bin it and order another?

I know about check valves, by the way, in fact, I've got one in my brewing box which makes it all even more painful...

Sounds wrecked to me.
Saw a video on YouTube by Johnny from Brew Keg Tap about using a check valve on a regulator. Although you probably know that already.
Early Xmas present???

The regulator won't be wrecked, beer doesn't dissolve its inner working, but it probably wont be easy to clean out, sanitise and dry well. And I wouldn't reuse it until it is well rinsed.

I do not use check valves. But if I've reason to think the keg is too full (allowing beer to enter the "beer in" port) or the pressure is too high (which will damage the gauges) I won't attach the gas line. I have a 1L trap (water filter housing - they are good for well over 120psi) with a high pressure gauge attached which is very handy for "testing" suspicious kegs. If the gas line has a check valve the regulator can't vent over-pressurising kegs (if you have venting regulators - many are).

Back