Co2 regulator with a mind of its own

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaMasteRZ

Reaction score
Hello all, first post so please go easy.
Only started brewing a month ago but got a nice little set up already.
I seem to have an issue with my Co2 regulator giving pressure even when fully unscrewed. This only happens when I have been using a lot of gas to purge kegs and the regulator gets cold ( not frozen ) when it’s just being used to dispense beer from the keg it’s fine. It’s only a couple of weeks old. Do I have a faulty regulator or am I doing something wrong?
Appreciate any ideas.
Regards Mark

I'm new to C02 also but as I understand it and I thought the same as you, your regulator will stay at the pressure you set until you turn down the dial (reduce the pressure), my regulator lets the pressure release and C02 comes out of the regulator and the dial starts coming down, yours may be different and I read that the gas in disconnect should be disconnected before reducing the pressure due to beer being drawn into the regulator, then you can set the reg to what pressure you want to use for pouring. I'm sure someone else will be along with more knowledge soon athumb..

Thanks, just a little concerned with a potential 60 bar in the cylinder, I don’t want to messing with a faulty regulator.

Latest posts

Back