CO2 regulator with a splitter for two kegs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leard

Reaction score
I recently set up my keezer and have already force carbed one beer on it and then just left it on about 12 PSI. I'm going to be brewing another beer tomorrow and I wondering how carbing works when I've already got another keg hooked up. Is it best to just keep it at 12 PSI and wait the two weeks or so it would take to equalise in the keg for the new beer? Or should I disconnect the other keg, force carb the new beer and then hook them both back up at 12 PSI?

I think that the 'elegant' solution for this might be to use the kegland inline secondary regulator, or any number of chinese copies of the same:

Link

Having a couple of these secondary regulators would give full control.

In reality, I'd force carb (rock and roll), vent, and then hook both up to 12psi...

Cheers

MArtin

Yeah just wildly over gas it and shake it for quarter of an hour whilst it's ice cold.
You can get good carb in a day.

Or buy more regulators

I usually carb a newly filled keg to 30psi (I have 2 CO2 bottles) then let it sit a day or so then hook it up to my kegerator where the beers are sat (3 kegs in total) at 5psi ish from a single regulator using 2 John Guest splitters.

Last edited:
+1 on the Kegland inline regulator I have 2 kegs in the kegerator and just set the inline to serving psi and the other to force carb psi and it works a treat. I paid £25 at naked keg for mine.

Get some John Guest taps and connect them to each disconnect. When force carbing turn your already carbed beers off. And you will need a John Guest spl;itter.

This seems the best solution at the moment as I don't want to pay too much for secondary regulators. At the moment there's no valve on the tubing, so disconnecting it from a keg involves literally just pulling the pipe out, and that seems a waste of CO2 that's still in the pipe and keg.

+1 on the Kegland inline regulator I have 2 kegs in the kegerator and just set the inline to serving psi and the other to force carb psi and it works a treat. I paid £25 at naked keg for mine.
If @Leard is not in a rush you can get one from the Official Kegland Store on AliExpress for less than half that incl postage.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dWQGDW7
I’ve become obsessed with the Kegland AliExpress store recently. My Blowtie took less than 2 weeks to arrive, and was half the price of getting it in the U.K.

This seems the best solution at the moment as I don't want to pay too much for secondary regulators. At the moment there's no valve on the tubing, so disconnecting it from a keg involves literally just pulling the pipe out, and that seems a waste of CO2 that's still in the pipe and keg.
One of these few inches from the disconnect John Guest Push-fit Shut Off Ball Water Valve / Tap - 1/4 3/8 1/2 6 8 10 12 15 | eBay and one of these to split it JOHN GUEST 3/8 SPEEDFIT PUSH FIT for Beer Cooler Pump Tap Font Home Bar Filter | eBay

If someone wants to buy a resonable number of JG fittings including straights, elbows, T splitters and Y splitters then PM me and I'll see if I can do a better deal than Ebay. I bought loads in bulk. Delete this if it's against the rules. Everything is 3/8", and 3/8" to 5/8" reducers and 15mm to 2x3/8" manifolds.

If you already have 1 beer carbed and ready to drink do you really need to force carb the second one? I just hook my second one up at 12 psi and it is carbed to my required level about a week later. I have found that when I force carb that it always ends up overcarbed and I have to mess about turning the gas off and releasing pressure otherwise I have half a glass of foam aheadbutt

I have found that when I force carb that it always ends up overcarbed and I have to mess about turning the gas off and releasing pressure otherwise I have half a glass of foam
Is it overcarbed or are you just not balancing the output? I've just overcarbed a pilsner and it still comes out of the line really slowly because I've got it at 1c so only need 7 psi to get it to 2.5 vols.

Foam does not mean over carbed.

Is it overcarbed or are you just not balancing the output? I've just overcarbed a pilsner and it still comes out of the line really slowly because I've got it at 1c so only need 7 psi to get it to 2.5 vols.

Foam does not mean over carbed.
I think it was over carbed, I have got 3/16 line and flow control taps, taking the gas off, relieving the pressure through the prv and then putting the gas back on a couple of hours later seems to fix it, now I just tend to hook it up at 12 psi and leave it, usually ready to drink in about a week athumb..

I think that the 'elegant' solution for this might be to use the kegland inline secondary regulator, or any number of chinese copies of the same:

Link

Having a couple of these secondary regulators would give full control.

In reality, I'd force carb (rock and roll), vent, and then hook both up to 12psi...

Cheers

MArtin
Just ordered 2 of these from Ali on Kegland store for less than 1 from the UK store.

Just ordered 2 of these from Ali on Kegland store for less than 1 from the UK store.
You can’t beat the AliExpress Kegland store! I haven’t even got my full corny set up yet (only a week to go) and I’m finding things accidentally falling into my basket.

You can’t beat the AliExpress Kegland store! I haven’t even got my full corny set up yet (only a week to go) and I’m finding things accidentally falling into my basket.
Keg jackets and boiler jackets are cheap and quality too from Brewmaster official store

Keg jackets and boiler jackets are cheap and quality too from Brewmaster official store
I’ve got a 10L minikeg jacket ordered from them but it appears to be stuck in customs because I’ve ordered 5 other things since I’ve ordered that (including other stuff from Brewmaster) and they’ve all arrived and I’m still waiting for it.

Back