Coconut flour

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheshire Cat

Landlord.
Reaction score
After buying Dan Toomes curry guy bible I bought some coconut flour which adds depth to a passanda curry. Has anyone used it in beer making? Maybe in a tropical stout?

No. For the wheat ale I used dried unsweetened coconut chunks and for the cider I used a whole coconut.
The dregs of the coconut cider.
Screenshot_20210827-095447.png

If I may ask a philosophical question here; WHY?

Came across an old tin of Cherry Blossom ox-blood shoe polish the other day. It's nearly full, but it's all dried up and cracked and I doubt there's much tallow left in it. I wonder if anyone has ever tried adding this to a lambic.

Only joking, CC. It's just that coconut flavoured beer thoughts put the willies up me!!

Last edited:
Anyway added a tsp of coconut flour to a small glass of stout. Taste not bad but too grainy result 2/10. Going to make a West Indian Stout and just add oak chips soaked in Rum.

Came across an old tin of Cherry Blossom ox-blood shoe polish the other day. It's nearly full, but it's all dried up and cracked and I doubt there's much tallow left in it. I wonder if anyone has ever tried adding this to a lambic.
I'd take a shine to that. Soon polish it off.

Well, never had a lambic and in fact just looked it up on Wikipedia. From the description I'd say a dab of boot polish is hardly likely to spoil the flavour.

Only joking, CC. It's just that coconut flavoured beer thoughts put the willies up me!!
Did you hear about the man who ate a can of polish?

It killed him, but he did have a good finish!

Latest posts

Back