Cold brew...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First it is likely that the original reading was false as others have said, because there was unmixed LME stuck to the FV bottom. However over the last few days it is likely that the yeast has been chomping away at this LME so some, perhaps all, of this gloop has in fact been consumed.
However to provide some re-assurance in the event there is still LME stuck to the bottom of the FV, all you have to do is gently stir the contents of the FV slowly and steadily to encourage it to mix in without entraining any air, going down to the bottom with the mixing paddle /spoon, say over a two or three minute period and then take an SG reading. If its gone up from 1.010, then there was LME still in there and so just leave it to carry on fermenting. If the SG is still at 1.010 then the LME has gone so just leave it to finally settle down and go ahead and package as normal.
Anyway that's what I would do

Ive just tested it again and its gone back to 1020????

I had decanted it as suggested earlier to see if there was anything left at the bottom but nothing to see.

God knows what's going on!

I think I did put too much water in trying to get everything out of the can (obviously using cold water wasnt ideal!) so it proably is just watered down.

I drank the sample and its ok so will just bottle it and learn from it!

Latest posts

Back