Cold storage making my beer flat.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony dodds

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I recently brewed a coffee stout using a st peters cream stout kit. I left the bottled beer at room temperature for 14 days. The bottles were nice and firm. They have been stored in my cold garage for 3 days now and are totally flat. I brought one inside last night and left it for 2 hours before opening and it was lovely and creamy, perfect carbonation. Any idea why?

When you say they were flat did you open the bottle or did the bottle just not feel nice and firm?

Your garage must be darn cold and as mentioned above bring them in to warm up gently though no need for room temperature just around ten degrees.
Yes mate I live in north Northumberland. It's been -2° at night. I'm just bringing them inside a couple at a time so I can't cane them all!

The extreme cold can play havoc with carbonation.
I had a commercial mini cask at Christmas stored in my hut. Brought it in and was totally flat, was all ready to make complaint, but next day was brilliantly carbed.....lesson learned

The extreme cold can play havoc with carbonation.
I had a commercial mini cask at Christmas stored in my hut. Brought it in and was totally flat, was all ready to make complaint, but next day was brilliantly carbed.....lesson learned
Cheers mate

Latest posts

Back