coldpassion (mostly BrewDevil and Beersmith)

Discussion in 'Members Blogs' started by Litmus, Jun 10, 2019 at 10:42 PM.

Help Support The Homebrew Forum UK by donating:

1. Jun 10, 2019 at 10:42 PM #1

Litmus

Litmus

Litmus

HI All

you can find my blog at www.coldpassion.co.uk

I tend to stick to all grain ((edit) brewing using the) BrewDevil 50L, and BeerSmith related stuff. However, I do stray from time to time.

thanks, L

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 5:15 PM
  2. Jun 11, 2019 at 3:54 PM #2

peebee

peebee

peebee

Out of Control

When I first saw this post I thought it looked like a good candidate for being stamped on. But it isn't (I don't think) a commercial site - I just think you should have been more careful how you introduced your site (and it might yet get stamped on, I'm not an administrator/moderator with a suspicious eye on this).

I was attracted by your video on full volume mashing in a BrewDevil. I wrote up something similar for a Grainfather, but with its 30L capacity had a strict ceiling on what could be done. It was written for a different forum, but in links to PDF format files elsewhere (my Google drive) so I can repeat them here and you might find something useful in them? The first two was configuring Beersmith and "low-alcohol" brewing:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11engfVsgy6okCgLiuwb8gc2gaMVahiV7/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ISrSYlK5q5Acf1xHgaZ8mC_0mm2UWuhA/view?usp=sharing

… and the "extension" for full boil-volume mashing of normal strength beers:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZLHgwiCYDUnDm9HSdP39nqfKSnFk_Jt8

My 3V brewery is offline at the moment hence I got a Grainfather (which will become my "pilot brewery"). So all my brewing at present is full boil-volume mashing.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 4:04 PM
    Litmus likes this.
  3. Jun 11, 2019 at 5:21 PM #3

Litmus

Litmus

Litmus

Thanks for sharing, I look forward to reading! :) I get your point; the sigh it grew up very organically mostly with me just playing with WordPress at the start to see what it could do. I only really started to use it in anger recently. I probably need to tweak the sight and some of the wording in places.

4. Jun 11, 2019 at 10:03 PM #4

MyQul

MyQul

MyQul

Chairman of the Bored Moderator

It would only really get Chippy's welly boot treatment if the site was flogging stuff, which (as far as I can see) it isnt.

Nice slick looking site. Those tap handles look positively lethal btw

Litmus likes this.
  5. Jun 12, 2019 at 10:18 AM #5

peebee

peebee

peebee

Out of Control

I have to go back for another look. I didn't see anything "lethal" ...

Eeek ashock1

I thought that was a rack of tools for clipping toenails. Not beer tap handles!

Litmus likes this.