Colin Pitchfork recalled to prison,

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It is understood Pitchfork, 61, was returned to custody on Friday over a breach of licence conditions.

They should never have let him out thank god he never hurt anyone else -

1637351085432.png

Double child killer Colin Pitchfork has been arrested and recalled to prison, the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) has said.
He was released two months ago after spending 33 years in jail for murdering two teenage girls in the 1980s.
It is understood Pitchfork, 61, was returned to custody on Friday over a breach of licence conditions.
The BBC was told staff at a hostel where he was living had grown increasingly concerned about elements of his behaviour,
However, there was no suggestion any further offence had been committed.
A Probation Service spokesperson said: "Protecting the public is our number one priority.
"When offenders breach the conditions of their release and potentially pose an increased risk, we don't hesitate to return them to custody."

'Safer behind bars'
Dawn Ashworth's mother said she was "pleased" the child killer had been recalled to prison.
Barbara Ashworth said: "I'm pleased that he's been put away and women and girls are safe and protected from him now.
"It's a safer place when he's behind bars and I won't have to worry about other people being hurt by him for the time being.
"But there's always the worry that he might get out again, he seems to have a lot of people on his side who give him the benefit of the doubt.
"But for now, I have to be pleased about the news."

South Leicestershire MP Alberto Costa had campaigned to stop the murderer's release.
He said: "I was informed earlier this evening by the policing minister that double child rapist and killer Colin Pitchfork has been recalled to prison.
"Pitchfork's behaviour has given sufficient cause for concern to the probation authorities.
"Pitchfork is under the most stringent of licence conditions and perhaps this recall evidences that those conditions are working.
"I will urgently take this matter up with the government to ensure that public safety remains the number one focus."

Pitchfork was subject to more than 40 licence conditions including living at a designated address, taking part in probation supervision, wearing an electronic tag, taking part in lie detector tests and having to disclose what vehicles he used and who he spoke to, with particular limits on contact with children.
He was also subject to a curfew, had restrictions on using technology and limits on where he went, and was banned from entering Leicestershire without the permission of officials.
The government had formally challenged Pitchfork's release on the grounds it was "irrational" after widespread criticism of the decision.
But this was rejected by a judge-led review in July, leaving opponents powerless to halt the release.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-59354638

They should never have let him out thank god he never hurt anyone else -

View attachment 57930

Double child killer Colin Pitchfork has been arrested and recalled to prison, the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) has said.
He was released two months ago after spending 33 years in jail for murdering two teenage girls in the 1980s.
The BBC was told staff at a hostel where he was living had grown increasingly concerned about elements of his behaviour,
However, there was no suggestion any further offence had been committed.
A Probation Service spokesperson said: "Protecting the public is our number one priority.
"When offenders breach the conditions of their release and potentially pose an increased risk, we don't hesitate to return them to custody."

'Safer behind bars'
Dawn Ashworth's mother said she was "pleased" the child killer had been recalled to prison.
Barbara Ashworth said: "I'm pleased that he's been put away and women and girls are safe and protected from him now.
"It's a safer place when he's behind bars and I won't have to worry about other people being hurt by him for the time being.
"But there's always the worry that he might get out again, he seems to have a lot of people on his side who give him the benefit of the doubt.
"But for now, I have to be pleased about the news."

South Leicestershire MP Alberto Costa had campaigned to stop the murderer's release.
He said: "I was informed earlier this evening by the policing minister that double child rapist and killer Colin Pitchfork has been recalled to prison.
"Pitchfork's behaviour has given sufficient cause for concern to the probation authorities.
"Pitchfork is under the most stringent of licence conditions and perhaps this recall evidences that those conditions are working.
"I will urgently take this matter up with the government to ensure that public safety remains the number one focus."

Pitchfork was subject to more than 40 licence conditions including living at a designated address, taking part in probation supervision, wearing an electronic tag, taking part in lie detector tests and having to disclose what vehicles he used and who he spoke to, with particular limits on contact with children.
He was also subject to a curfew, had restrictions on using technology and limits on where he went, and was banned from entering Leicestershire without the permission of officials.
The government had formally challenged Pitchfork's release on the grounds it was "irrational" after widespread criticism of the decision.
But this was rejected by a judge-led review in July, leaving opponents powerless to halt the release.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-59354638

Wow... extreme! 33 years and still not able to reconcile his abhorrent behaviour.

Perhaps throw away the key asad1

Latest posts

Back