Collaborative brew and bottle swap

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the ideas behind this to share both recipes and the beers brewed. We‘ll all get a selection try out then comment back on what seemed to work and what didn’t.
Cream Ale is turning out to be a good first choice for style. I don’t know if any of us have brewed one before, and for an outwardly simple beer there is a wide variety of options in recipe design.
Is the idea to share recipes now/later/whenever we want? I didn't post mine as I wasn't sure if we were going to share beers, drink and then find out what was in them and how they were brewed. I'm easy either way. As this is a new style I'm very curious how it will turn out, and how mine compares to other brews.

Is the idea to share recipes now/later/whenever we want? I didn't post mine as I wasn't sure if we were going to share beers, drink and then find out what was in them and how they were brewed. I'm easy either way. As this is a new style I'm very curious how it will turn out, and how mine compares to other brews.
I hadn’t really thought that part of it through to be honest. I‘m happy to share at any point in the process.

It'd be quite nice to be able to drink them along side their brew sheets, but that might eliminate any impartiality and objectiveness.

Personally I'd vote for drinking with sheets. But that's just me

It'd be quite nice to be able to drink them along side their brew sheets, but that might eliminate any impartiality and objectiveness.

Personally I'd vote for drinking with sheets. But that's just me

I think I'd agree with this. With them all being the same style it could be easy to forget some of the nuances of what you've tasted by the time you read the brew sheet.

Kegging the Cream Ale tonight! It’s pale!

Attachments

• 9E3BB8CC-5AC3-43F0-B2A9-EADBB1FDBBBE.jpeg
    9E3BB8CC-5AC3-43F0-B2A9-EADBB1FDBBBE.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 25
Back