Collaborative Malt Group Buy - September

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
@chopps @GeorgieV @Cheshire Cat @emerson909 @Falco @DavidT @NPi @PhilBrew @ceborame @Clint @Mungri @DavidB @LJPH @BlackRegent @hoppyscotty @Rogerh @HoppyTommy @Astie @Mike_Burton @Andy_K @mdex @WonkyDonkey @Kiwigaz @davidm @cjibbo @ches501 @shroppie @BridgeBrew @Rob11TC @MmmBeer @Spike. @Flan @Kman @Thonbi @Subtle Duck @Cestrian @Regfixit @Windey @Wez82 @moto748 @Dkain30

We have decided to go ahead with our next group buy in September - with Crisp again

In order to make it easier for you to see what will be available, we have created a simple web site which can be accessed here

https://southcheshire.co.uk/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=59
If you want to know more about how it all works - look here

https://southcheshire.co.uk/store/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=4
Need some help deciding which malt

https://southcheshire.co.uk/store/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=8
If you have bought through us previously, you can see the product specifications of malt already received here

https://southcheshire.co.uk/store/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=7
We hope you find the website useful, it will certainly help us keep track of orders and have a transparent audit trail

Thanks OB, but's been a team effort for sure.
We needed something better than a MAHOOSIVE google spreadsheet to manage the orders from us all on the forum.
It was getting very unwieldy and you lot keep chopping and changing what you want, and I keep forgetting what's changed. Or forgetting to tell OB who's paid and who's not. And then there's all the split sacks and remembering who's sharing with who.
I have gone through 4 packs of post-it notes and several pairs of underpants for the last two rounds.
So we're properly organised now!

Thanks everyone for participating previously. It's been a great example of collaboration and we're happy to keep it going to see all your happy faces when you collect. Did you know we've shifted more than 3.5 tonnes of malt in this little buy now?

Great effort with the website @chopps and @Obadiah Boondoggle looks very impressive!

I'm still working my way through the last 25kg of Extra Planet Pale and smaller qunatities of Vienna so will give it a miss this time.

Quick question about opening an account: as I've ordered previously am I already registered as a customer or do I just create one next time I order?

Just register next time please. We couldn’t new create accounts for everyone as it was all on post it notes and emails until now. I’ve tried to limit registration to the basics. Just a few clicks. You can put any old rubbish in the address fields etc - as long as we have an email address and optionally a phone number so we can tell you when it’s ready etc. Cheers

I'm hoping to take part in this next round of the group buy. Will it be Crisp malts again?

Also, how do I express an interest in a 3kg bag of something that isn't yet in the 3kg section? I'm after some Naked Oat Malt but a full sack would last forever so wondered if there was anyone else out there after a smaller amount

I'm hoping to take part in this next round of the group buy. Will it be Crisp malts again?

Also, how do I express an interest in a 3kg bag of something that isn't yet in the 3kg section? I'm after some Naked Oat Malt but a full sack would last forever so wondered if there was anyone else out there after a smaller amount
Hi WD

All 25kg sacks will be Crisp

The 3kg bags are from either Muntons, Crisp, Brewers Select or Bairds - it says which in the product description

In terms of Naked Oat Malt this is the best place to express your interest - if we have enough interest from others we will include it and split it accordingly.

In order to keep costs as low as possible, we do not want to include storage costs - so we need to be sure that we can sell a whole sack

Cheers

Hi WD

All 25kg sacks will be Crisp

The 3kg bags are from either Muntons, Crisp, Brewers Select or Bairds - it says which in the product description

In terms of Naked Oat Malt this is the best place to express your interest - if we have enough interest from others we will include it and split it accordingly.

In order to keep costs as low as possible, we do not want to include storage costs - so we need to be sure that we can sell a whole sack

Cheers
Thanks OB, I'd be in for a sack of Extra Pale MO plus 3kg of Wheat Malt. I'll put an order in for those and hope that others are interested in a smaller amount of Oat Malt. Thanks

Cheers WD - and, of course, at this stage all "orders" are just an expression of interest. Just before we put the order in, we ask people to confirm what they want, and they can cancel at that point

I know you know that - but in case anyone else is wondering :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back