Commercial coupler to corny keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohowson

Reaction score
Apologies if this is done before, I couldn't find anything useful.

I have (or will have) a setup with three taps, two with commercial couplers (I'm unsure what type until I settle on a supplier) and one corny keg connected with a ball stop and a 1/4" screw thread.

At the end of the day it would be great to be able to fill the corny with clean water, represurise and put a couple of liters through the lines. Obviously that's easy enough with the tap connected to the ball stop, but is there any adaptor that will have a commercial 'socket' on one side and a ball stop on the other so I can connect the couplers to the corney?

Google "Sankey cleaning socket" it's got John Guest fittings built in and a doddle to attach to a keg.

No idea what this ball stop and thread thing are.

I assume he means a ball lock disconnect with mfl thread
Yes! It's so weird because when I read the thread first I knew what they meant, then did a search to see if you could easily buy a cleaning socket and when I came back my memory had reset and I was like whahhh?

Anyway it'll be easy to fit the corny keg to the cleaning socket because they've got 3/8" john guest fittings for water in and out. You have to blank off the one side because of that. What I've done is make my own blanking plugs by heating up 3/8" pipe on the cooker, pinching them shut with a pliers and then forcing them flat on the bottom of a glass.

I've also got a 3/8" stem attached to a bike pump so I can pressurise kegs without burning through co2.

I could take pictures but I can't be arsed.

I think I need to get one of these things ordered so I can have a look at it. Which means I need to settle on a supplier so I know what fitting to buy!

Latest posts

Back