Commercial Mild Ale suggestions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshbrewer

Out on the marshes, wailing at the moon.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

As my present homebrew stocks are low, and may not recover in time for Christmas, I'm going to get a back up stash of commercial beer in. I'll get a nice mix of stuff, but I want a slab of Mild for supping. I love mild. So in the interests of research, I am drinking all the milds I can find before I make my bulk purchase, so can anyone add to my list? I'm looking for mainstream, readily available rather than craft / artisan / expensive, which will probably mean pasteurised / force carbed stuff I suppose.

So far I have (beer / available from)

Bank's Mild (ASDA / B&M - cans)
Thwaits Dark Mild (Morrisons - cans)
Rudgate Ruby (Morrisons - bottles)
Wychwood Arrowaine (struggling to find this - any ideas?)
Hook Norton - Hooky Mild (again, apart from the brewery, struggling to find this)

Any other suggestions? Bottled / Canned mild seems a bit of a rare beast.

Sam Smith's actually do a light and a dark mild on keg, which is massive treat these days, but sadly don't bottle either. Thanks for the Harvey's suggestion - they also appear to do a dark and light mild, and bottle them - yay!

Look for Elgoods Black Dog Mild. It's delicious. They do it in bottles as I've just seen it on Amazon at a daft price. Might be better to mail order from the brewery.

Latest posts

Back