Common brewing practices you’ve never done

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just can't beat us05
GEB1114.jpg

Never measured a pH.
Never whirlpooled, don't know what it does or why.
Never used non homemade vessels.
Never used a plate chiller.
Never made a lager (shortly to be rectified.)
Never fly sparged.
Never worried about trub in the fermenter.
Never used a refractometer.
Never kegged.
Never autosiphoned.
Never followed a recipe exactly.
Never brewed the same beer twice.
Never acidified a mash.
Never used a secondary fermenter.
Never had the patience to wait until a beer is 'ready' before drinking.
Never used a pump.
Never added fruit/wood chips/spices to a beer.
Never quite hit numbers and worried about it.

and last but not least...
Never made it through a brewday without leaving a damn tap open somewhere along the way! :oops::laugh8:

Most stuff I don't care either way about, but to those who have never tried the various kveik strains, serious try them! Also, make sure to try them near their upper temp ranges, do use nutrient, do pitch less etc. Also, have a go at using some of them with NO temperature control too if you normal have to wait for cooler weather as no brew fridge, just use something like Hothead Ale (a Kveik strain) or one of the many other strains, and see for yourself, even in hot weather.

It'll open up a new section to what you can do. Fruity IPAs in the middle of scorching weather.... etc etc.

I intend to try Bry 97 in a future brew, so I can compare it to US-05. So if I can try something new, you folks should do too. athumb..

Lots of stuff getting listed here that I wouldn't say was common though. I'd say plate chiller use was a minority outside of industry. lol

Latest posts

Back