Competition schedule 2022

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Chippy_Tea can you remove @DavidHatton From June, I can't edit the post.

We are looking for another judge. A nice job for someone looking to taste a good selection of dark beers, all you need to do is score each one and provide feedback.
I'm doing the November lager but I would prefer the dark beers month. I don't drink an awful lot of lagers so might not be the best judge of them.

Is there a category for American Amber Ale, can it go in the May American Pale Ale competition?

I don't think we're quite as pedantic as the BJCP but I suppose you've got to draw the line somewhere. If it's a major issue I can brew it more like an APA 👍🍻

Is there a category for American Amber Ale, can it go in the May American Pale Ale competition?

I don't think we're quite as pedantic as the BJCP but I suppose you've got to draw the line somewhere. If it's a major issue I can brew it more like an APA 👍🍻

Happy for it to go in the may competition, especially as I'm judging! 🤣

In all seriousness though, American pales does seem the right place for it.... dare I say that I believe it would be in its hoppy place...

Is it even feasible at this stage? Almost half way through the month and postal strikes. Plus secret santa is on the go. I am happy to do it if enough people are willing to enter but I did judge the last dark beer month (September/October time, I think) so don't want to be unfair to others.

And don't forgot ite free to use their tracking option which gives you another week or so
I assume this is an online-only thing? The guy in the post office treated me like I had offended him when I asked about it on Saturday. The only way I was getting tracking was if I paid for it.

Is it even feasible at this stage? Almost half way through the month and postal strikes. Plus secret santa is on the go. I am happy to do it if enough people are willing to enter but I did judge the last dark beer month (September/October time, I think) so don't want to be unfair to others.
I'm happy to send one in

Latest posts

Back