Completed AG Recipe Kits-GEB/MM

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

slowdave

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just had the first bottle of the MM Allagash Belgian White and I'm really impressed.
I have no idea what the original tastes like but this is like a subtler, lighter Hoegarden.

It's the first beer I have made adding ingredients which aren't malt/yeast/hops etc.
I bottled as opposed to kegging as I wasn't sure that I would finish a keg quickly enough.
I shouldn't have worried as it's a great summer beer.

trueblue

Landlord.
Reaction score
I have mentioned Dennis Kings Galaxy delight from MM is a big favorite. I did notice he released a few more using the same malt bill but different hops. As these are grains I hold in stock I just bought the hops and yeast he supplies although I rarely use dried yeast and followed the recipe. First up was DK Sabro delight which I am drinking at the moment. This is a full on fruit salad of a beer at first I thought it was a bit to much but it has grown on me. If you like beers with a big tropical fruit taste you will love this one.

Sym

Reaction score
I am brewing the MM Centennial delight this weekend. I currently have the MM five points best bitter in the FV and will be barrelling/bottling this weekend.

stuarts

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just started drinking CML Sierra Nevada Kit and it is very good. So ordered and brewing the Red Road Hop Rocket to try .
Considering you can buy in various batch sizes and with the 10% discount and free delivery its good value .

Theoriginalrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Got a brew on last night as been struggling to squeeze day time brews in at the moment …
So had a go at the MM landlord premium kit , all went fairly well although my notes went a bit wayward as the evening drew on 🍺🍺🍺.
Anyways over shot numbers slightly , ended up 5-6 points over on the SG.
Will keep you posted on the outcome…
🍻.
Hi Gibbo. I’ve been looking at this kit to put in an a PB. How did it turn out?

trueblue

Landlord.
Reaction score
Brewed this several times, not the kits as the ingredients I keep in stock just used the same recipe and yeast, and it is the clone recipe I find closest to the real thing just make your water more chlorine forward.

Theoriginalrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brewed this several times, not the kits as the ingredients I keep in stock just used the same recipe and yeast, and it is the clone recipe I find closest to the real thing just make your water more chlorine forward.
Massive thanks, I think my water’s already got a lot of chlorine in to start with so I might be ok. Cheers.

gibbo_sd

Reaction score
Hi ya , overshot my numbers on brew day a bit on this one. Ended up at 5.3% I think.. Also as I was transferring to keg I thought it looked a bit dark and murky. Then a brew day flash back occurred , I’d left out the Irish moss.. so even after a couple of months on tap it does look a bit muddy unfortunately. How ever they all errors of my own . Regardless of appearance there’s no question. It’s a good TT clone as it smells and tastes bang on . So defo a kit I may revisit .

In between a stout and an APA I’m Looking at the MM Sussex bitter to do next …Anyone tried that ?

Theoriginalrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi ya , overshot my numbers on brew day a bit on this one. Ended up at 5.3% I think.. Also as I was transferring to keg I thought it looked a bit dark and murky. Then a brew day flash back occurred , I’d left out the Irish moss.. so even after a couple of months on tap it does look a bit muddy unfortunately. How ever they all errors of my own . Regardless of appearance there’s no question. It’s a good TT clone as it smells and tastes bang on . So defo a kit I may revisit .

In between a stout and an APA I’m Looking at the MM Sussex bitter to do next …Anyone tried that ?
Sounds like a winner. Can’t wait to order it in.