Completed AG Recipe Kits-GEB/MM

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2D87DDCD-4D56-4F43-A7CA-C431AFDF151B.jpeg

Elusive Spellbinder cracked open. Delicious!

Just had the first bottle of the MM Allagash Belgian White and I'm really impressed.
I have no idea what the original tastes like but this is like a subtler, lighter Hoegarden.

It's the first beer I have made adding ingredients which aren't malt/yeast/hops etc.
I bottled as opposed to kegging as I wasn't sure that I would finish a keg quickly enough.
I shouldn't have worried as it's a great summer beer.

I have mentioned Dennis Kings Galaxy delight from MM is a big favorite. I did notice he released a few more using the same malt bill but different hops. As these are grains I hold in stock I just bought the hops and yeast he supplies although I rarely use dried yeast and followed the recipe. First up was DK Sabro delight which I am drinking at the moment. This is a full on fruit salad of a beer at first I thought it was a bit to much but it has grown on me. If you like beers with a big tropical fruit taste you will love this one.

I am brewing the MM Centennial delight this weekend. I currently have the MM five points best bitter in the FV and will be barrelling/bottling this weekend.

Just started drinking CML Sierra Nevada Kit and it is very good. So ordered and brewing the Red Road Hop Rocket to try .
Considering you can buy in various batch sizes and with the 10% discount and free delivery its good value .

https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product/timothy-taylor-landlord-premium-kit/
Got a brew on last night as been struggling to squeeze day time brews in at the moment …
So had a go at the MM landlord premium kit , all went fairly well although my notes went a bit wayward as the evening drew on 🍺🍺🍺.
Anyways over shot numbers slightly , ended up 5-6 points over on the SG.
Will keep you posted on the outcome…
🍻.
Hi Gibbo. I’ve been looking at this kit to put in an a PB. How did it turn out?

Brewed this several times, not the kits as the ingredients I keep in stock just used the same recipe and yeast, and it is the clone recipe I find closest to the real thing just make your water more chlorine forward.

Brewed this several times, not the kits as the ingredients I keep in stock just used the same recipe and yeast, and it is the clone recipe I find closest to the real thing just make your water more chlorine forward.
Massive thanks, I think my water’s already got a lot of chlorine in to start with so I might be ok. Cheers.

Hi ya , overshot my numbers on brew day a bit on this one. Ended up at 5.3% I think.. Also as I was transferring to keg I thought it looked a bit dark and murky. Then a brew day flash back occurred , I’d left out the Irish moss.. so even after a couple of months on tap it does look a bit muddy unfortunately. How ever they all errors of my own . Regardless of appearance there’s no question. It’s a good TT clone as it smells and tastes bang on . So defo a kit I may revisit .

In between a stout and an APA I’m Looking at the MM Sussex bitter to do next …Anyone tried that ?

Hi ya , overshot my numbers on brew day a bit on this one. Ended up at 5.3% I think.. Also as I was transferring to keg I thought it looked a bit dark and murky. Then a brew day flash back occurred , I’d left out the Irish moss.. so even after a couple of months on tap it does look a bit muddy unfortunately. How ever they all errors of my own . Regardless of appearance there’s no question. It’s a good TT clone as it smells and tastes bang on . So defo a kit I may revisit .

In between a stout and an APA I’m Looking at the MM Sussex bitter to do next …Anyone tried that ?
Sounds like a winner. Can’t wait to order it in.

I am brewing the MM Centennial delight this weekend. I currently have the MM five points best bitter in the FV and will be barrelling/bottling this weekend.
Hi ya Sym , HNY , how did your five points best turn out .
I did this kit a good while back when MM first launched it in accordance with the craft beer channel video of the same beer , I half kegged , half bottled.
The keg was pretty good and didn’t last long but the bottles had a bit of a peculiar taste that didn’t dissipate over time so I ditched em ..
I also pick this up in the beer direct from the brewery , but much milder.
The flavour I refer too I find really hard to describe , it’s almost a bit of a candy floss with a soury note on the finish.
Anyone else get that , or any better descriptions of the flavour ?

It worked out well. TBH i have never made the perfect brew I always find some fault, but everyone who tasted said it tasted good, with a good balance of malt to hops. I barrelled most of it and did 5 bottles. All long gone.

I brewed the MM DK Vic Secret pre Christmas and it’s just coming into it’s own.
When first kegged the beer was very bitter but leaving it alone for a while has done wonders. A very pleasant drop.

So today I’ve brewed it’s sibling, MM DK Centenial Delight, on my shiny new G40 I might add!
Hit the numbers and 23 litres are sitting in the FV.
I’ll not rush to start drinking this one if the Vic Secret is anything to go by.

I brewed the MM DK Vic Secret pre Christmas and it’s just coming into it’s own.
When first kegged the beer was very bitter but leaving it alone for a while has done wonders. A very pleasant drop.

So today I’ve brewed it’s sibling, MM DK Centenial Delight, on my shiny new G40 I might add!
Hit the numbers and 23 litres are sitting in the FV.
I’ll not rush to start drinking this one if the Vic Secret is anything to go by.

All that range is very good and all benefit with a period of conditioning. I have started doing other variations using the same malt bill with different single hops. Over Xmas I was drinking Ernest delight probably my favourite so far.

All that range is very good and all benefit with a period of conditioning. I have started doing other variations using the same malt bill with different single hops. Over Xmas I was drinking Ernest delight probably my favourite so far.

That's good to know, I did notice the grain bill is exactly the same for Vic Secret & Centennial.
Different yeasts though.
Lallemand American West Coast Ale vs. Lallemand Verdant IPA respectively.

That's good to know, I did notice the grain bill is exactly the same for Vic Secret & Centennial.
Different yeasts though.
Lallemand American West Coast Ale vs. Lallemand Verdant IPA respectively.
I use liquid yeast in all my beers with the Ernest I used white labs Essex all one of my favorites

Back