Completed AG Recipe Kits-GEB/MM

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried my first pint of this last weekend, I brewed it a month or so back using Nottingham ale yeast somehow it ended up at 4.9% but its tasting good. Pleased with this one
Hoping to keg mine this weekend. What Vol CO2 did you go for ?
Cheeky taste fro the sample jar was promising 👍

I kegged it and set the gas low at around 6 psi, its not got a lot of fizz but that's how I like this style

Brewing this kit today, it's 6.9% which is a bit too strong for me so I have upped it from 19l to 25l to bring it down. Gets good reviews so looking forward to trying it

Two Hearted - American IPA | The Malt Miller

This was my first brew this year and I started drinking it last weekend. It came out at 7.5%, really nice beer, tho one to have by the half.

My Sussex Best , turned out pretty decent , only been in keg 1 week. Went for around 2.0 vol as I like these styles slightly fizzier than the guidelines suggest.
Looks like it needs another week or two to clear down a bit , but promising and tastes true to style …👍🏻🍻

Attachments

• E74773F6-5ED2-402D-8635-E29C48EF4D0F.jpeg
    E74773F6-5ED2-402D-8635-E29C48EF4D0F.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 38
Tried my Two Hearted - American IPA yesterday, very nice beer it came out at around 6.8% so is a strong one for me had 2 pints and was tipsy.... Would recommend to anyone that likes a West Coast IPA
I think this AG kit is my favourite from MM. Closely followed by the Sierra Nevada, similar but slightly different. Sadly I brewed them too far apart to do a side by side comparison. The two hearted didn't last long!

What’s the secret with 2 hearted then? Seems to have a very strong rep for a smash beer! I’ve got the Warminster Maris otter centennial on my to brew list which looks very similar but a more sessionable version.

What’s the secret with 2 hearted then? Seems to have a very strong rep for a smash beer! I’ve got the Warminster Maris otter centennial on my to brew list which looks very similar but a more sessionable version.

It is not really a smash as there are three grains in the malt bill - I think the malt bill really complements the centennial hops and just the right level of hopping is done for the strength.

It's certainly a style of beer that really hits the spot for me. I'm fed up with the tropical fruit bomb NEIPA styles which as I'm just a basic bottler is a good job!
I've got a Helicopter Pale Ale conditioning now, much the same grain bill, I think from memory, but with Chinook hops.
I've also just planted Centennial, Cascade and Chinook hop plants as I'm so happy with the beers they make.

I’m a fan of centennial, and have a zombie dust Variation carbing up at the moment. Its a more complex malt bill though. Two hearted may have Technically have 3 malts but two are pale and the other is caramalt so much more simple by comparison.

I’m going to have to try it out though, after the warminster smash.

They both said it had an overpowering lemon grass taste and felt there was way too many centennial hops but it was really smooth 🥴
I have also brewed the premium kit which has been bottle conditioning now for 4 weeks and I have found it to be a well balanced beer which is improving all the time. I suppose we all have different tastes and brewing techniques .

I can only speak for cml ag kits, the one i trying now Hebridean wildcat is just lovley if you close your eyes it like drinking heaven, the hops were perle 34g and sazz 5g in 21L god knows were all that flavour comes from, the irish red is really good as well, i have 1864 amber in the fv, and tribute salute to do, give them a try great company to deal with and great customer service

Some kits I’ve done recently:

MM old speckled hen, swapped yeast out to wy1275 and it’s come out brilliantly…. Will make again 10/10

HOmebrewingCompany. Dastardly Dunkel. Really good, bit dark though and yeast esters are a bit subdued. 7.5/10

WOrcesterHopShop. Black Sheep Ale. I messed up on the mash so this came out too sweet. Colour, body and head were great though. I think I’ll try it again and mash at the correct temp lol.

CML English Tropical IPA. I chucked an extra 100g harlequin into this and fermented with Hornindal. Absolutely cracking beer. Fruity but refreshing bitterness… a really good summer pint. 9/10

Back