Conditioning hop bitterness out of bottled beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've brewed an Irish Red Ale from an all-grain kit that's turned out far too bitter for my taste. Apparently, this will improve with time but how long are we talking? If it's a long haul I'll have to think of somewhere else to stick it...

I've brewed an Irish Red Ale from an all-grain kit that's turned out far too bitter for my taste. Apparently, this will improve with time but how long are we talking? If it's a long haul I'll have to think of somewhere else to stick it...

There's no way anyone could answer this. Try it in 2 weeks, if it's not to your liking try it again in another 2 weeks. If you're as impatient as me you'll try 1 or 2 bottles every couple of days until the last bottle, which you will taste and realise it is finally ready.

If you're as impatient as me you'll try 1 or 2 bottles every couple of days until the last bottle, which you will taste and realise it is finally ready.

Ha! This is so true! After so many 'trial' pints, I get to the point where I think, right, this batch is spot-on, only to realise that I've only got two bottles left! :laugh8:

Of course, the next batch will be different...

Back