Conditioning temp

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Brewed up a weizenbock recently from GH's book, it says to condition at 12c. I used different yeast to the wyeast Bavarian wheat he has in his recipe, I used Munich wheat (lallemand) should I still condition at 12c or higher?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Brewed up a weizenbock recently from GH's book, it says to condition at 12c. I used different yeast to the wyeast Bavarian wheat he has in his recipe, I used Munich wheat (lallemand) should I still condition at 12c or higher?

Thanks in advance.
So I assume you have bottled now and have allowed to carbonate at room temperature? Conditioning relates to the next step of allow the beer to "rest" to allow flavours to develop and any off flavours to hopefully reduce / beer to clear. 12c (cellar temperature) is the perfect temp for this. If you can't get down to this temp easily, store the bottles as close as possible to this temp. There is not much issue storing warmer but eventually bottles will likely over carbonate and the bottles will clear less quickly.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
Yes same temperature as you fermented at.

Ha thanks both, no im bottling today, just got a bit confused! So prime it at normal house temps then I'll stick em out in the garage. Cheers!
Exactly! It's not a style I'm very familiar with but I understand that wheats generally don't require a lot of conditioning time in the bottle and can be consumed relatively soon once carbonated. Others more familiar with the style may have a different view though.

Exactly! It's not a style I'm very familiar with but I understand that wheats generally don't require a lot of conditioning time in the bottle and can be consumed relatively soon once carbonated. Others more familiar with the style may have a different view though.

Thanks! Yep never done it before! Tasted lovely out of the fv!

Latest posts

Back