Confused Winebuddy Merlot Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac1611

Reaction score
Hi There. Think I need some advice. I'm in the process of making a 30 bottle merlot winebuddy kit. My question is ,when fermentation finishes ,do I siphon it off into another bucket and then add the the stabilizer finings etc to the second bucket ? According to the instructions i dont t I just add them to the original bucket ? Whereas on youtube some of vids decant it into another barrel before adding the finings etc .Any advice would be greatly appreciated

HI mac 1611

Short answer is siphon it off

when you get more involved with winemaking you will realise there is no absolute answers.

So;
rack it off the original lees add the stabilizer add the other sachets,
And have a very very merry Christmas if you know what i mean. athumb..

If you can keep the wine a few months it will much improve

Last edited:
I have made a few WineBubby kits and non have instructed to rack to a second FV i would follow the instructions the wines always turned out fine in fact at one point we only made their Sav Blank as it was that good.

If you look at post #4 in the Sav Blanc kit review you will see there was no call for it to be racked to a second FV.

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/winebuddy-sauvignon-blanc-30-bottle-kit.49224/post-456168
Couple of reviews -

WineBuddy Sauvignon Blanc Kit - 30 bottle

Winebuddy Merlot 30 Bottle Kit Review

HI mac 1611

Short answer is siphon it off

when you get more involved with winemaking you will realise there is no absolute answers.

So;
rack it off the original lees add the stabilizer add the other sachets,
And have a very very merry Christmas if you know what i mean. athumb..

If you can keep the wine a few months it will much improve
Many thanks and and with any luck may make it to Easter :)

Back