Conical fermenter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jam

Regular.
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the conical fermenter are like and what are they like please..

the conical shape isnt going to reduce the volume of waste beer significantly at our volume levels, and unlike commercial concerns time isnt money so much. So the benefit of a nominally faster primary due to optimum fv shape has little value to the home brewer imho

If your yeast harvesting and distributing then perhaps the dump feature could be very useful. otherwise they are imho mainly brewtoys and are used cos the brewer wants to use them rather than needs to

Also dnt forget the much harder issue of temp control, if you think it was hard to find a fridge to sit a brewbucket in ;)

imho a brewfridge and basic fermenting buckets/jerrycans will trump any conical without temp control for ease of use and results

I have a couple of conical fermentors and i really like them. they just seem to work for me. i keep buckets but only use them for a certain brew.

There are practical reasons to have a conical fermenter. I use it to remove the trub and thereby no longer have to rack into a secondary fermenter. This reduces the likelihood of oxidisation.

And expensive. The Fermentasaurus looks a nice well made product,But out of my price range i`m afraid.
One of the importers was looking to bring the snub nose into the UK but since the Covid 19 has hit I don't know if its going ahead, a lot cheaper even with the pressure kit.

Back