Conical fermenter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grahamll

Reaction score
Im currently using 2 std fermentation buckets butbluke the idea of a conical one- anyone using one or could recommend a brand/ product

I've been using a FastFerment for the last couple of years. I love it. It cuts down on the fermentationtime dramaticaly and the big lid makes for easy cleaning and dry hopping.
Since I bought it I had only one brew that took more than a week to complete fermentation.

I bought it from Brouwland like this one. I just have one with a stand.

https://www.brouwland.com/nl/onze-p...nststof-conisch-gistingsvat?gaCategory=search

What do you do about a conical fermenter in a fermenting "fridge?" You got a big fridge or another method of getting a consistent temperature?

What do you do about a conical fermenter in a fermenting "fridge?" You got a big fridge or another method of getting a consistent temperature?

If you can afford a conical, you can afford a brewing fridge. The other option is just to ferment using ambient temps but 'brew with the seasons' ie brew using temp appropriate yeast ( e.g. Lagers in winter, Belgians/Kviek/Saisons in summer

Thanks! Not sure I like the look of the catalyst (irrational view)

Now the SS does look nice. But just over double the price of the ones I was looking at. Now I have a new dilemma........

I’ve got a Fermentasaurus. I’m only on my 3rd brew with it but I love it.

It depends on your budget. I've got an Anvil stainless steel brew bucket for £90. It is basic but has a rotating racking arm, coned bottom and seals airtight, although it can't ferment under pressure or dump yeast and it doesn't have a thermowell drilled in. Fits my 2nd hand lader brew fridge perfectly. At the other end of the spectrum in what a buddy splashed out on, the SS brewtech 7gal unitank. It has every bell and whistle you could ask for and looks stunning.

Now have two conical fermenters, one being the GF one. Both insulated and have cooling jackets (one a home hash of 7 coils of PVC hose fed by a shelf cooler), so no concerns about fitting in fridges. As one has a 70L capacity there's no chance of manoeuvring it into a fridge (if one could be found to fit) anyway.

People ferment in buckets? … Weird.

Got two Brewbuilder SS 14gallon conicals, with castors. https://www.brewbuilder.co.uk/conicals.html
1 year old now, absolutely no problems. I tend to brew ambient at the moment as @MyQul suggests. Brewing to give me 2 x 25l cornies/brew and playing with a subzero chiller at the moment. It's all great kit at a good price!
Once my brewery conversion is complete I will be using a dedicated area and should be able to do real justice to the conicals,,,
Can't wait acheers.

Latest posts

Back