Connect a C02 bottle to Dark Farm keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ezza

Regular.
Reaction score
Hello is it possible to connect a normal size C02 bottle to a Dark Farm keg?, I know I can buy a Sodastream adapter but I want to use a big C02 bottle.

Yes it is - I have one of the Kegland 10L minikegs that I use alongside my kegerator.

The lids on the Dark Farm ones have the tap and regulator built in don’t they? You’ll need to buy a ball lock lid (MiniKeg Ball lock Lid) as opposed to the one that comes with it - you’ll also need either a keg mounted tap or party tap, and a “proper” CO2 regulator.

Okay I've got a tap and regulator for my Corny,so I just need mini keg ball lock lid?

Okay I've got a tap and regulator for my Corny,so I just need mini keg ball lock lid?
Yeah I think so.

it’s difficult to see here because it’s blocked by my secondary regulator, but this is what my kegerator looked like when I had 3 cornies and a mini keg in it back in the autumn

Question for Dark Farm keg users - how do you find the fixed tap type head? Is it easy to transport the keg with this attached? It looks quite vulnerable and I guess there's no way of removing the tap for transportation? [photo below of the type I'm referring to]

Follow on question - how do you fill the keg with the tap head? Do you need one of the ball lock heads to fill the keg then swap over to the tap head after filling?

flow-tap.jpg

Latest posts

Back