Connecting pump to klarstein mash kettle

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jzrp

Reaction score
Hi all

I feel like I’m being really stupid here, hoping someone can help me.

I recently got a pump for mashing, and have been trying to work out how to connect to the tap on my mash kettle.

I intended to use the pump on my last brew day but realised I needed more parts, so ordered some connectors and brewed without.

I’m looking at it now and I still don’t get it. Iwas thinking the tap would screw off but doesn’t feel like it will. Am I missing a part still?

I have 1/2” ID tube and disconnects to connect to the pump but feel so stupid trying to figure out what I need on the kettle end and everytime I Google it I get the same parts I already have.

Any help much appreciated

Attachments

• 7F102771-FD3B-4274-99D8-410632AA05CE.jpeg
    7F102771-FD3B-4274-99D8-410632AA05CE.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 14DFBC87-478A-417B-BEC2-A58A9F0B500D.jpeg
    14DFBC87-478A-417B-BEC2-A58A9F0B500D.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 27
Don’t worry. I am stupid. Wrench on the tap and it came off and I have the parts. Maybe posting this thread and shaming myself helped subconsciously. Will leave it up for anyone else as silly in same situation.

Could you show and/or describe the items that you've used to incorporate the pump onto the Klarstein? Everything from the fittings on the outlet of the kettle, the pump type and fittings used on it, and what you've done to get the wort into the kettle again from the pump?

This could be my next project to upgrade my Klarstein, so your help would be much appreciated. 😁

@Jzrp @Begbie it might be worth you having a read through this thread, several of us have done it and me and @Burtsbeets posted some pics.

I've been using a pump with my klarstein for most of this year and pleased with the results.

@Jzrp you say you've got it sussed now - if I read you right you're saying you've completely removed the tap??? Not quite sure why you would but would be interested to see some pics of your setup.

@Chippy_Tea worth merging this thread with the one I've linked to above?

Could you show and/or describe the items that you've used to incorporate the pump onto the Klarstein? Everything from the fittings on the outlet of the kettle, the pump type and fittings used on it, and what you've done to get the wort into the kettle again from the pump?

This could be my next project to upgrade my Klarstein, so your help would be much appreciated. 😁

Will do mate. Brew day was a late start and few probs so everything cleaned and packed away now just seen this but will photograph what I’m using and post

@Jzrp @Begbie it might be worth you having a read through this thread, several of us have done it and me and @Burtsbeets posted some pics.

I've been using a pump with my klarstein for most of this year and pleased with the results.

@Jzrp you say you've got it sussed now - if I read you right you're saying you've completely removed the tap??? Not quite sure why you would but would be interested to see some pics of your setup.

@Chippy_Tea worth merging this thread with the one I've linked to above?

Cheers not seen that. Will have a butchers.

No I didn’t take whole tap off just unscrewed the hexagonal/ star shaped grip by the spout on the front of the tap which enabled me to screw a double female connector on and then the disconnect. I had tried getting it off before posting but felt solid by hand and like it was all one part but soon as I put a spanner on it it came off pretty easy.

It worked but wasn’t 100% water tight (was fine during water test but when it was wort obviously it started building up and coming out the top because sods law o_O). Will check tomorrow as I have a few female connectors). Was just a case of controlling flow with tap to make sure I wasn’t putting too much pressure. But I realise now after using it there’s a bit of an art to having the tubing the right length, playing with angle of pump etc. Will get there

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back