Connections

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys. If I buy one of these to use with 3/8 gas line, do I need the 8mm or the 10mm size please? @The-Engineer-That-Brews help pretty please!

tee piece.jpg

Sorry to be a pain guys, but can anyone recommend a greenhouse heater please? Not sure if they come in different wattages and sizes and don't want to waste money. ☺
Hi Lisa - this is the one I used, it's splash proof as well which is reassuring:
https://www.toolstation.com/dimplex-thermostatic-tubular-heater-ipx4/p17033
I also cut the plug off to be able to put the cable through a hole drilled in the fridge, then wired on a new plug.
You can put rubber grommets on the cable to finish and help seal either side of the hole. One grommet on before pushing the cable through, then one on after then fit the plug. I did the same for the thermometer probe but didn't have to cut the probe as it could fit through the hole.
https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/fermentation-fridge.90399/post-963060

Thank you Anna. If I didn't want to mess about with holes could I trap the wire in the door?
Some others have fed the cable through the drain hole at the back of the fridge, but for me that wasn't an option as it also blocks the drain hole which is needed when the fridge is cold conditioning/cold crashing the beer. Others have fed the thermometer probe through the seal but I don't know about the heater cable for that.

Thank you Anna. If I didn't want to mess about with holes could I trap the wire in the door?

You can, but keep in mind that you will also have to trap your temp sensor cable in the door and I've had problems on *one* fridge keeping a good door seal with two cables trapped in it. I'd wack the plug off, and take it out via the existing drain hole in the bottom of the fridge.

You can, but keep in mind that you will also have to trap your temp sensor cable in the door and I've had problems on *one* fridge keeping a good door seal with two cables trapped in it. I'd wack the plug off, and take it out via the existing drain hole in the bottom of the fridge.

I don't know where that is, cos it's a fridge freezer. Will have to get jim to look at it.

Excuse me for being thick, but really not good at this kind of stuff. I think I found the drain hole though. It seems to go to a grey pipe behind the fridge, that drains into a white box at the bottom reverse of the fridge. Hope that makes sense!

Latest posts

Back