Constant supply of beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Difference is, you fall over drunk, you hurt yourself. Drive drunk you hurt others. I’ve washed enough blood off myself and had to tell too many families their loved one is dead not to call this out.

I used to like pubs when i could afford them.
After 7hr high pressure work I could not stand to go home to an empty flat each night after work and listen to a clock tick until bedtime.

Strangly alot of my happily married friends did the same.!! We used to have some great nights.I miss those times.

Its easy to get through 8 pints in 6 hs of an evening (after a few months of practice)
then multiply by 5 nights then add allday sat + sunday

Mind you i only used to drink "cooking" larger at about 3-4%abv or so not anything stronger.
And in the hot London summers sometimes only larger shandy all night.

Ahh happy days.

Its easier to get there than you might think its about 1 pint per hour over a full night if you finish work at 5 go to the local then stay till chucking out time.
Of course im not talking about the strong beers,Mind I think some could manage it.

Also you dont start off at that level one has to work up to it over about six months or so.

Difference is, you fall over drunk, you hurt yourself. Drive drunk you hurt others. I’ve washed enough blood off myself and had to tell too many families their loved one is dead not to call this out.
I'm NOT advocating drunk driving, just making note of an odd statistic.

A good word of warning but I don't think the OP meant he intends to drink 7 pints a day and I don't think the majority here brew to get hammered every time they drink, we all occasionally have one (or two) too many and come through unscathed I think most will know when enough is enough (I usually fall asleep these days ) we all know drink driving is a no no and I would be very surprised if anyone here does it.

I don't condone any of the above mentioned but I think we all know that 6 foot 5 very big lad who could drink 20 pints and be sober when we were pizzed on 8 pints maybe the OP is a very big bloke? One of my mates would order 5 pints in a 4 man round and drink the first pint while the other 4 were being pulled he was not a alky just a beer monster and could handle it well (some peoples tolerance is higher than most). Still not good for the liver though

A good word of warning but I don't think the OP meant he intends to drink 7 pints a day and I don't think the majority here brew to get hammered every time they drink, we all occasionally have one (or two) too many and come through unscathed I think most will know when enough is enough (I usually fall asleep these days ) we all know drink driving is a no no and I would be very surprised if anyone here does it.
It was a quote fail. It was in response to someone else but he’s explained what he meant too.

50 a week makes my 1 a night seem healthy.

Seems very healthy to me.

I'm with the OP on how easy it is to do. I can get through 16 - 20 pints Thursday to Sunday. Over Christmas and sometimes through the summer that can double with mid-week drinking during barbecues and nice summer evenings.

OP, kegging is the way forward; you'll save a massive amount of time.

James

I used to work in a high pressured environment and didn't drink at all during the week; but come Friday night I binges myself stupid and could carry on till Saturday if had an excuse. Not a great way to live. SWMBO pointed out that it wasn't healthy for me, her or our family. Now I have changed job and have a few every night, feel better , and we're all happy.
We all need to find what suits us.
Keep well ancillary280

Latest posts

Back