Controversial? Where’s all the good Yorkshire beers?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rento

Reaction score
I was at Tan Hill Inn last weekend with a mate, party as it’s a great motorbike run from Edinburgh and partly for the beer and atmosphere of the pub.

We had a good few pints, deliberately picking local or English ales and to be honest we were both bitterly disappointed! Out of the 7 or so (we lost count at 2am) pints we had, my mates comments were none of them are a pitch on your homebrew! I had to agree but was rather disappointed as I was really looking forward to some decent beer.

Was it just us, or are others disappointed in pub beer these days?

R

Personally, I think pub beer is served so cold that you can’t get the full taste: I also suspect that this is deliberate!

When I do find a pub that sells a decent pint (e.g. Batemans - especially their Gold) I get two pints to start with so that one of them can warm up whilst I drink the other.
:beer1:

I'm spoilt. I live in a village with a pub that serves great cask ales, mostly Bateman's but also guests, well kept and at the correct temperature. I'm also only 10 miles from Louth that has several pubs that so the same.

But when I travel for work, it's a bit of a lottery.

I'm also a pretty poor home-brewer so it's a low bar ;)

Latest posts

Back